Automobile accidents can vary widely due to the possibility of so many different factors on the road—from distracted drivers to reckless drivers to truckers who may have accidentally dumped debris—and so much more. Because there is usually an incredible loss of control during a car or truck accident, the outcome can be unpredictable and tragic. If you have been in an accident due to the negligence of others, it is critical to contact an attorney like Andrew ‘Pike’ Piekalkiewicz, PLLC as soon as possible so that you have expert legal advice and someone acting in your best interest.
Traffic incidents can cause a wide range of injuries like cuts and contusions, broken arms and legs, terrible sprains, spinal injuries and paralysis, soft tissue damage, brain injuries, and so much more. And while there is often little you can do when an accident is about to be caused due to the negligence of another motorist, driving as defensively as possible is your best bet—along with understanding what the common dangers are, to include:
- Rear-ending – this tops the list for the most common type of accident, as a motorist may unpredictably hit their brakes hard, and then one after the other, cars fall in line slamming into rear bumpers. Tailgating is the most common culprit of rear-endings though.
- Head-on collisions- unfortunately, these types of accidents are all too common, and end in fatality all too often. Distracted driving, speeding, and drugs and alcohol are behind many of the head-on accidents we see on the highways each day.
- Multi-car pileups - many different scenarios can cause a multi-car pileup, from debris in the road to a motorist slamming on their brakes unpredictably, to a truck that may have jackknifed in the road suddenly. These types of issues may cause huge challenges as law enforcement attempt to get all the vehicles out of traffic and harm’s way, along with trying to get everyone medical help if necessary. These types of crashes can hold up traffic for hours, along with yielding fatalities and serious injury to others.
- Lane changes - this could be one of the most serious accidents to experience. And while all car crashes are frightening, the sideswipe scenario is especially jarring because you are not involved in a traditional wreck where you run directly into someone or they run directly into you. Being hit from the side causes even more loss of control, with more potential for disaster and the involvement of other cars.
- Merging – the potential is there for devastating injury as the merging motorist is traveling at a very high speed trying to flow into traffic, and they may either sideswipe another car at a rapid clip, or they may be hit the other vehicle at any angle. A car trying to merge to slowly may be at even greater risk for an accident.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of others, please call the law offices of Andrew ‘Pike’ Piekalkiewicz, PLLC as soon as possible at (713) 748-7453 or visit AttorneySgtPike for a no obligation case review.
As a variation of the system employed in trucking cases, Sgt. Attorney Pike activates and deploys the Car Accident Response Team or C.A.R.T. ™ immediately after being hired and in appropriate cases. A team of specialized personnel trained in every aspect of car wrecks and injuries is deployed. Let us help you!