A car accident is one of the most traumatic experiences any of us may ever go through in life; and unfortunately, statistics show that we will experience about one every decade. With driver safety education and defensive driving skills at your disposal, you should be able to do everything possible from your end to prevent an accident. With so many distracted drivers today though, along with those who are under the influence, speeding, and more, it can be nearly impossible to fend off a negligent driver careening out of control and heading straight for you on a busy highway or neighborhood street.
Injuries may include sprains or broken bones, spinal injury or even paralysis, head injuries, and far more. With your medical and financial future at stake, this is not the time to become a do-it-yourself legal eagle. Here are five reasons you need an expert by your side:
- To assess damages owed – this is extremely important! One of the most common tricks by insurers is to try and offer a lowball amount, often even insinuating that you should take it because it is the only settlement you will get. With a skilled car accident attorney, you will have a comprehensive understanding of what you are owed, and why.
- Take over communications with the insurer – from the first time that adjuster calls you, get ready to pass all communication from the insurance company to your car accident attorney.
- Handle all the paperwork – from getting copies of police and medical reports to reviewing policy information, filing any legal documents, and more, your attorney will be skilled at seeing that the paperwork is handled.
- Fight insurers practicing bad faith – such behavior usually entails a lack of investigation regarding a claim, delays, or an outright investigation. There may also be denials with little to no explanation, accusations of fraud, and other methods of not paying the claim.
- Represent you in court if you must sue – this is a key detail in working with an attorney. If the other party is not cooperating and their insurer does not seem to be forthcoming in paying the claim, your car accident attorney will be able to create a summons and complaint to serve on them.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of others, please call the law offices of Andrew ‘Pike’ Piekalkiewicz, PLLC as soon as possible at (713) 748-7453 or visit AttorneySgtPike for a no obligation case review.